Full height turnstiles are generally more suited to outdoor environments; due to their imposing stature and rugged design. Not only can half height turnstiles be for use outdoors; but also offer an in-premise access solution; similarly, with a better aesthetic; especially for corporate and commercial environments.
Another difference between full and half height turnstiles, are security levels. The full version offers a slightly higher standard of restriction; they are contained units, that cannot be breached. If your requirement is to slow and monitor access; then a waist height pedestrian turnstile is probably your best option.
Our durable and reliable turnstiles are the ideal solution when needing to control pedestrian access on to your site. Equally important, we will ensure that you get the best system for your individual security requirements.
Which Turnstile suits my needs?
Full Height Turnstiles
Single Turnstile – These turnstiles work on smaller sites with low pedestrian traffic; or you can install multiple units for larger, busier sites.
Double Turnstile – These units allow two people to move in the same or opposite directions simultaneously; taking up a slightly smaller footprint than two single-lane systems; a great solution for heavily trafficked sites and controlling large crowds on entry/exit.
Single Gate Cylinder System – A more sophisticated and smart looking system; different from single turnstiles as consist of a bi-directional cylindrical tube with stainless steel or full glass doors. They are similar in aesthetics to the full-body x-ray systems you sometimes see in airports.
Waist Height Turnstiles
Tripod Turnstile – These turnstiles are seen at entry points into train stations, stadiums, and corporate buildings. The arms can be set to rotate in one or both directions; turning when the user applies a small amount of pressure to the top arm.
Pedestrian Passgates – Speed gates are to move fast flowing pedestrian traffic through in a controlled yet efficient way. One benefit is that they cater for the passage of larger items, such as trolleys, and wheelchair users. Adjusted and designed to suit the aesthetic of your interiors and integrated with access control.
Benefits of Turnstiles
Turnstiles can stand the test of time even in the toughest of conditions; coping with high capacity of pedestrian traffic and can be operated to be dual directional, to be space efficient. We can provide elegant designs, to be suitable for your corporate environments; but also, seamlessly integrate your turnstile into your gate system or fence line; while restricting access onto your premises, for those only with a ticket or pass.
Additional Capabilities of Turnstiles
During our site survey, we will talk through your specific needs to help you identify the best type of turnstile; discussing the various access control features you can choose from, including:
• Payment access – add a coin or token payment system.
• Authorisation controls – allow operation by reception by the touch of a button. You can verify visitors’ ID before authorising entry.
• Swipe cards & proximity readers – access pass to allow authorisation while still controlling site access to unknown visitors.
• Biometric turnstiles – requiring a fingerprint to match database details.
• LED displays – from text displays to visual cues to help users.
• Safety features – disabling the settings, so the turnstiles open freely to allow faster movement of people in an evacuation.
• Bespoke operational settings – total control of setting up and locking down your system, allowing you to cater for visitor schedules.
Turnstiles are most suited to sites that experience high volumes of pedestrian traffic; require authorisation or monitoring of visitors, such as:
• Transport hubs – train stations and ferry ports.
• Sites with inventory – warehouses and distribution services.
• Leisure buildings – stadiums, venues, and sports facilities.
• Education and healthcare – colleges, schools, and medical facilities.
• Corporate – banking and financial institutions.
• Public – Government buildings and law courts.
We work hard to ensure that your turnstiles complement and blend into their surroundings, as much as possible; offering an elegant design, where smarter styling is required. Our turnstiles are available in 3 different finishes:
• Hot dip galvanised
• Stainless steel
• Powder coated to suit your business branding
Arrange a survey today!
We provide a complete service; from advice, site surveys and design, to full installation, safety checks and operator training. Any disruption to your day-to-day activities, are minimised during the works, and we guarantee a friendly and efficient service.
We only supply turnstiles that meet or exceed the required safety standards; all our installations comply with NCP109 & BS EN50133-1; so, your visitors or staff can use our products with complete peace of mind.
If you would like more information about our turnstiles, please call us on 0113 281 3511; we will be happy to answer your questions and offer our expert advice.