Security road blockers and rising kerbs are the ‘next step’ to ensuring site security at high-risk premises, giving you a physical barrier in the event of a hostile vehicle breach. Our experts are always on hand to offer tailored advice, ensuring you get the best security solution for your needs; our priority is to ensure that your premises and personnel are fully protected; while delivering products that are great quality, and competitively priced.
From our office in Leeds, we can assign you with a local technical team who will visit you at your site and carry out a comprehensive survey. They’ll listen to your security concerns and help you to assess the type and size of road blocker or hostile vehicle mitigation barrier that will meet your requirements.
Our road blockers and rising kerbs are all built to provide maximum strength and security for businesses that need an extended level of protection; they’re robust and constructed to withstand impact from any type of vehicle that may try to gain access.
What sites can benefit from road blockers?
We’ve installed road blockers for a range of different clients, but some of the most common applications include:
- Financial institutions ie. banks
- Government buildings
- Car parks
- Transport hubs such as ferry ports
- Commercial premises and large industrial sites
- Distribution and logistics centres
How do they work?
Constructed from steel, road blockers are generally built in a ‘cheese wedge’ shape. They are installed to sit flush with the road surface for easy traffic flow. The top plate has clear hazard markings painted on for safety and the blocker rises up out of the ground when in operation or activated upon a security breach, using a powerful hydraulic system.
Blockers and rising kerbs are tested to ensure that they’re strong enough to act as a deterrent and impede the passage of hostile vehicles. The equipment is encased in concrete once in the ground; our team take care of all civil and electrical work for an efficient service and effective installation.
Security road blockers come in a range of sizes, each with its own recommended application:
- 340mm high – for traffic control situations
- 540mm & 650mm high – designed for high security traffic control locations
- 800mm high – for very high security establishments
- 900mm – 1200mm high – for anti terrorist applications
These products can be activated at the touch of a button, or installed alongside a range of other access control features depending on your specific needs.
Road blocker safety features
All of our road blockers are installed in compliance with:
- PAS 68 & K12 Standards
- Secured By Design
And also come with a variety of features, safety devices and optional extras:
- Stop / no entry signs
- Warning lights
- Alarms and beacons
- Traffic lights with bulb failure sensor
- Vehicle detection loops
- Manual override
- Safety edges
- Safety beams
- Security locks on operation cabinet
- Reinforced hoses for long-term reliable operation
- 100% duty rating for heavy, continuous use
- Instantly reversible hydraulic drive
- Anti-skid top plate
Access control options for road blockers and rising kerbs
If you need the high level of security and anti-vandalism protection that a road blocker or rising kerb can offer; it’s likely that you’ll want additional level of access control to work alongside.
The type of access control you need will depend on factors such as traffic levels, operational hours, whether manned or patrolled site and who needs to come and go freely. Some options to consider are:
- CCTV systems – your existing or a new CCTV system will enable viewing, monitoring and recording of activity and allow operators to accept/deny access.
- Digital keypads – access code for authorised personnel to enter upon arrival lowering the blocker and allow access.
- Card readers – swipe cards allow issue-only access.
- Proximity readers – recognise the users’ proximity fob for automatic lowering upon approach for faster, efficient operation.
- Biometrics – we can install biometric readers that require eye or fingerprint recognition to operate the mechanism.
Speak to a security specialist now!
From design to installation and ongoing maintenance, our team located throughout the UK promise a professional and friendly service at all times.
Our road blockers and rising kerbs can cope with the heaviest of traffic and will stop unwanted vehicles in their tracks; the perfect way to increase and maintain security on your site.
For a chat about our road blockers; please feel free to call us on 0113 281 3511 and we’ll be happy to discuss your security requirements.